Create a Top-Notch Customer Experience in 5 Easy Steps
In the age of social media and instant feedback, customer experience can make or break even large businesses.
In order to ensure you are on the right side of your customer reviews, you need to offer great service, to all customers, all of the time.
This customer service will be delivered not just by smooth apps and automation, but by human staff on the front line of service. However, what people and machines ultimately need to deliver in great service is the same: information.
By making the right information available to all relevant users, management can create a culture that enables great service and ensures each customer is dealt with in a way that is relevant to their personal needs. With these five steps, you can put the appropriate IT and work culture in place.
1. Create a CX that is Tailored and Personal: Customer experience (CX) is the evolution of customer service. Your customers know you have a plethora of in-depth information about them, so they expect you to deliver – now. And they want a tailored experience. If they don’t get it, they’ll tell the entire world in less than a minute.
Digital transformation will involve using the cloud to save money, time, and resources; and offering mobile solutions to keep work moving in the field.
This means that your front line staff need access to accurate customer information so that the first point of contact can deal with the query all the way through, to the customer’s satisfaction. A content services platform enables this on the technology side by delivering a complete view of the right information to the right people, where and when they need it.
By providing users with easy, secure access to complete information – anytime, anywhere, on any device – your organisation delivers more responsive, meaningful interactions.
2. Embrace digital transformation: To be transformative, you have to improve the speed of business. Improve processes. This way staff can make the most informed decisions, armed with the most current information.
Digital transformation will involve using the cloud to save money, time, and resources; and offering mobile solutions to keep work moving in the field. The right platform will also empower your organisation with the freedom and flexibility to quickly adapt to evolving business needs and customer demands.
3. Intelligent Automation: Automation should focus on tools that employ built-in logic, intelligent routing, and machine learning. These will help reduce costs and improve speed, accuracy, and transparency. The system will only be as good as the data it gets, but by harnessing innovative and intelligent automation technologies that anticipate the needs of users and customers, the right content services platform helps employees focus on high-value tasks and develop more meaningful, relevant connections with the people they serve.
4. Harness the Cloud: The cloud is an incredibly powerful technology tool in the modern information age. It empowers vendors to provide frequent product releases and simplify the upgrade process.
As a result, as an IT user, you gain more capabilities, faster, and you’re able to provide better user experiences by creating tailored responsive applications.
5. Unleash Your Expertise: Every organisation is full of industry expertise and winning legacies. Cloud-based content services allow you to unleash that skill, creativity and knowledge across your business, and leverage it to build expertly tailored solutions that transform the way everyone works.
You also have a great human resource at the base level of your company. The staff who deal with customers are experts in your customers and are best placed to meet the specific needs of the people they serve.
Great Technology Empowers People
Good digital transformation, cloud-based services and even investments in process automation are designed to facilitate that human-level interaction. If you can make it really good – and that means specific, tailored, seamless personal service every time a customer makes contact – then you can use CX to gain customers.
It is widely accepted in business today that good CX is essential in order to expand the customer base and move a company up the value chain. But even if that weren’t the case, the argument for free-flowing data that empowers employees to be the best they can be still stands. It is a principle of good business to make the most of your people – and they will certainly thank you by looking after your customers and ensuring your organisations gets the reputation – and reviews – it deserves.