The 10 Most Luxurious Resorts in the Bahamas
Want to pamper yourself in the Caribbean? Head to the Bahamas.
Here’s why: In this tropical paradise, you’ll find an incredible selection of high-end resorts offering the best of the best in service and amenities. From lux cottages on private islands, to Four Seasons-owned beachfront properties, the Bahamas offers high-end resorts to suit every taste.
Want a quiet refuge for your honeymoon? Check out the private bungalows at Fowl Cay Resort. Or maybe you’d prefer a chic stopover during a Bahamas private yacht charter? Treasure Cay Beach Resort (and its 150-slip marina) fits the bill.
Bottom line, if you’re looking for luxury, you’ll find it here. These are 10 of our favorite luxury resorts in the Bahamas.
1. Fowl Cay Resort, Exumas
Located on a private island in the Exumas – the exclusive collection of outer islands in the Bahamas – Fowl Cay Resort offers the ultimate luxury getaway. The 50-acre island is home to six private villas, and the seclusion allows for a world-class lodging and dining experience.
All of the villas have sprawling oceanfront views, access to private beaches, fully stocked kitchens and bars, access to a pool and tennis courts. Plus, all guests can dine at the Hill House Restaurant, a posh eatery, and one of the best in the Bahamas.
- Favorite Amenities: Each villa includes a 17- or 18-foot powerboat for cruising the nearby snorkeling grounds (fuel included). Food and beverages are also included in pricing. Plus, the Hill House Restaurant is one of the best in the Exumas, and it’s a short walk or golf cart ride from each of the villas.
- Getting There: Most visitors travel to nearby Staniel Cay. Direct flights into Staniel Cay are available from Florida and Nassau. Visitors are met at the airstrip and brought by private boat (10 minutes) to the resort.
2. The Ocean Club, Paradise Island
Looking for a bit of Old Hollywood charm? You’ll find it at The Ocean Club. Since opening in 1962, The Ocean Club has been an exclusive Bahamian hangout for celebrities and dignitaries. The grounds are truly spectacular. Set along a natural, 5-mile stretch of white sand, the resort features a 35-acre, Versailles-esque garden, which adds to the serenity and intimacy. Plus, whenever you go, whether the swim-up bar or spa, you can count on the legendary Four Seasons service.
- Best Amenities: The Ocean Club Golf Course is one of the best in the Bahamas, and its revered for its collection of oceanfront holes. Plus, the Club’s on-site spa, upscale bar, and Balinese-style villas add to the allure.
- Getting There – The Ocean Club is located on Paradise Island, near Nassau. Many choose to fly into Nassau, and the resort offers transfer service.
3. The Cove, Eleuthera
Located on the secluded island of Eleuthera, The Cove is a 57-room boutique resort, offering the best of the best in Bahamas food and adventure. The resort is a favorite for weekend stopovers, due to its proximity to South Florida (just a 45-minute flight). And it offers weekends full of relaxation and excitement. Visitors have access to a range of amenities, including snorkeling, kayaking, horseback riding and charter fishing. In addition, the grounds couldn’t be more beautiful. Set on 40 lush acres, the hotel features an infinity pool, a sunset bar, private gardens and two private beaches.
- Best Amenities – The resort’s Gregory Town Grill, sushi bar, and cocktail lounge make this the perfect destination for foodies. Plus, the two private beaches are some of the most tranquil in all of the Bahamas.
- Getting There – Most fly direct into Eleuthera. The island is also located a short ferry or private charter ride from Nassau.
4. Grand Isle Resort, Great Exuma
Escape to the exclusive Grand Isle Resort for a true Exumas experience. The ultra-exclusive resort features 78 spacious villas – ranging from 1 to 4 bedrooms – with full kitchens, living areas and world-class views. The resort has everything: An infinity pool, high-end spa, private beaches, and a Greg Norman-designed, award-winning golf course. In short, if you’re looking for true serenity, you’ll find it here.
- Best Amenities – The Grand Isle Golf Course is one of the most beautiful and challenging in the Bahamas. Plus, private chefs are available, and the SeaStar Spa and Palapa Grill are Exumas favorites.
- Getting There – Flights are available into Great Exuma International, with daily service from many North American hubs. Another option: Many book yacht charters in the Exumas and arrive at Grand Isle by private yacht.
5. Treasure Cay Beach Resort, Abacos
Interested in a visit to the Abacos? Treasure Cay Beach Resort is one of the region’s best. Located along a quiet, three-mile stretch of beachfront, the Resort offers a wide range of luxury amenities, including oceanview pools, beach bars, and excellent service. The resort operates a 150-slip marina, which draws yachters from around the world, and the on-site Dick Wilson-design golf course is one you won’t want to miss.
- Best Amenities – The marina is one of the best in the Caribbean, providing anchorage for motor and sailing yachts of all types. Superyachts are a common sight. Plus, the resort’s tranquility is unmatched; it’s tucked away from the tourists.
- Getting There – Located just 200 miles from South Florida, many choose to make the trek by private yacht. Treasure Cay’s airport also has daily direct flights from Florida and other hubs.
6. Cape Santa Maria, Long Island
Nestled away in the southern Bahamas, Cape Santa Maria offers an ultra-secluded haven for discerning travelers. On the grounds, visitors have their choice of 40 upscale bungalows and villas, all situated on the resort’s incredible beachfront. The resort’s seclusion also makes it one of the best for R&R and romance. In fact, it’s one of Travel & Leisure’s most romantic resorts in the Bahamas.
- Best Features – The beachfront at Cape Santa Maria is out of this world: Soft sand, incredible sunsets, and sapphire waters. Plus, Long Beach is off the beaten path, which makes this one of the most private resorts in the Bahamas.
- Getting There – Many choose to fly into Nassau, where connecting flights are available into Long Island. Others prefer scheduling private flights into the island’s airport.
7. Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma
Sandals Emerald Bay offers the best of the best in Exumas luxury. The resort is a beachfront haven, featuring a 3-mile jogging path, a 7,000-yard golf course, and luxuriously appointed spa. This is a favorite for families. The resort’s all-inclusive pricing makes it a great fit for kids. Plus, amenities like an in-pool fire pit, exclusive beach access, and 24-hour room service make it perfect for romantic getaways.
- Best Amenities – The resort is a favorite for its golf course, which features six stunning oceanfront holes. Plus, the resort’s multitude of restaurants and access to activities (snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding and sailing) make it a favorite for families.
- Getting There – Direct flights are available into Great Exuma.
8. The Cove at Atlantis, Paradise Island
The location of The Cove couldn’t be better. Situated at Atlantis, between Cove and Paradise beaches – two of the best on Paradise Island – this 5-star hotel delivers it all. Each suite is brilliantly appointed, featuring a chic tropical vibe. And the resort abuts private beaches with some of the best views on Paradise Island. Plus, guests can elect for The Cove Club package, which provides exclusive 24-hour butler service and access to an executive lounge.
- Best Amenities – Try Sip Sip, the beachfront restaurant serving “Caribterranean” fusion cuisine. The drinks are great too. You have to indulge in a Sip Sip Rum Punch or Sky Juice. Plus, visitors have access to all of the Atlantis amenities, including a world-class casino, nightclubs and Dolphin Cay adventure park.
- Getting There – Fly direct into Nassau. The Cove at Atlantis is a short transfer.
9. Rosewood Baha Mar, Nassau
Many of Nassau’s lux resorts are situated on Paradise Island. But Rosewood is right in the middle of bustle of the city. The resort is tucked away on famous Cable Beach, making it the perfect place for visitors that want access to the nightclubs and shopping of Nassau. The resort, though, is a high-end sanctuary, offering exclusive beach access, a Sense Spa, and lush on-site gardens.
- Best Amenities – The Jack Nicklaus-designed Royal Blue Golf Club is out of this world, featuring an incredibly beautiful layout. Plus, the resorts dining options – including an authentic London brassiere and upscale cocktail bar – make this a favorite stop for foodies.
- Getting There – Fly direct into Nassau. The resort is a short distance from the airport there.
10. Valentine’s Resort and Marina, Harbour Island
Harbour Island is known for its pink-sand beaches, and that’s something you can experience at Valentine’s. One of the region’s best luxury resorts, Valentine’s has 39 ultra-lux suites, as well as a 50-slip marina (making this a favorite stop for yachters). The resort matches luxury with a natural Bahamian vibe; it’s located on a beautiful strip of beach and the gardens are lush and tranquil.
- Best Amenities – The Boathouse Restaurant is one of the best. Plus, the PADI dive center makes this the perfect resort for divers. The spa and skin rejuvenation center are wonderful as well.
- Getting There – Many fly into Eleuthera and take a short water taxi to the island.
Bottom line, if you’re looking for luxury, you’ll find world-class resorts all across the Bahamas, from the chic, to the laid-back. Ready to plan the ultimate luxury tropical escape? Any of these 10 Bahamas resorts fit the bill.